There are four appointment options, providing you with maximum flexibility:
- e-Consultation. Note: this option will not be available until summer 2020. If you don’t want to wait, or the practice is closed, you can use our new e-Consultation service immediately. Click here to start. The system will ask you a series of questions and then provide advice. We will get a copy of your responses.
- GP Call Back for urgent problems. If you are ill and need to speak to a GP urgently on the day, then we can arrange a call back. Phone the surgery to arrange this, and please note that the time of call back may vary
- Book an appointment via the on-line portal. If you have registered to access our on-line patient portal, then you can view and book appointments yourself. Just click here
- For an appointment at the surgery, call us or walk in
Appointments at the Surgery
This is how we arrange our appointments diary
1) We have different types of appointments. When you call reception, we’ll ask you some questions so that we can book the best one for you. The busiest time of the day for our phones is 8:00-10:30 and 16:00-18:00. At these times you may wait longer before we answer.
2) Every day we have emergency appointments which are reserved for people with an urgent medical problem that can’t wait for a booked appointment. People using the emergency service are seen in the order they checked in
3) Most of our appointments are booked in advance:
- you can choose to see a specific GP or you can choose the appointment that best suits you with any GP
- some of our clinics are for certain patients only. Generally, these are focused on a specific condition and are run by a GP with particular expertise
- booked appointments can be face to face or over the telephone
Telephone appointments work best for people who have already seen a GP and are reviewing results and medications, or discussing next steps.
We can also book appointments at the local Extended Hours GP Hub, which offers appointments up to 8pm each weekday and all day Saturday and Sunday. Please ask if you want an appointment at these times if it is more convenient for you.
If you can’t get hold of us for any reason, you can call the national NHS helpline which is open 25/7. Just dial 111 and you’ll get straight through.
Not Registered for SystmOnline?
Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling reception before 10:00.
You may only request a home visit if you are housebound or are too ill to visit the practice. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls
You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
Help us to manage your long term condition
Below, you’ll find a number of interactive forms which help us to collect information about your long term condition so that we can monitor you as effectively as possible. You may receive a call or text message from us asking you to fill one of these forms in. Once we’ve received it, we’ll call you to arrange a review appointment. Thanks for your help.