Traveling abroad? Please book your travel health appointment with our Practice Nurses who are experienced in providing travel health advice. Your appointment should be 6-8 weeks before traveling as certain vaccines need to be given over several weeks.
Anti-malarial tablets and some immunisations are not available on the NHS, the nurse will advise you of the cost of the immunisations and any prescriptions you will need. Please speak to a member of our reception team to book appointment.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
Travel vaccines free under the NHS:
- Hepatitis A (Adult and Child)
- Combined Hepatitis A and B (Adult and Child)
- Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio combined
Vaccines not available under the NHS:
- Hepatitis B (£35 per dose – 3 or 4 doses needed dependent on schedule)
- Meningitis ACWY (£45)
- Yellow Fever (£50)
- Rabies (£50 per dose – x3 doses needed)
- Malaria prescription (£10) + Pharmacy charge
Travel Health Questionnaire
To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out the online form before coming to see the nurse.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.